Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Primer is Nice

I was using the Stewart EkoPoxy primer for the first time today and I am impressed. The result looks really nice despite me being a bit hasty as I was running out of daylight. It is a very nice product and really easy to spray and forgiving. Let's see how durable it is...
So, in short, after the sun warmed the frost away I was prepping the parts for the next step in the fuselage assembly with the ol' Cortec-440 and then shooting the EkoPoxy primer. Unfortunately, I ran out of daylight before being able to finish the backside of most of the parts. And around that time I had also used the batch of primer I had mixed, so that was my prompt to clean up and call it a day. As the primer goes on easy, I might be able to finish the work during the workweek or I might decide to deburr and prepare more parts for a larger priming session. Sigh! Why again did I chose to prime?

No comments:

Post a Comment