Thursday, January 27, 2011

Belly Skin Halfway Riveted

Tonight it was time to get the rivets seated for the first riveting session. There are quite a few holes on that skin and some of them I wasn't sure if I should put rivets in them as there was nothing on the other side of the skin. I decided to leave them open for now until I understand what is supposed to go in that space. I can always rivet them later if they are really not used but drilling rivets out on a skin with nothing behind it might show later.

Ready to get started on the riveting.


A bit more than half of the holes are filled and I removed all the clecos on the skin before my right wrist that is still bothering me finally gave me serious signs of warning in the form of sharp pain to remind me that there is something else to do after a long day at work and two more hours in the shop. For instance, sitting in front of the TV and cooling the wrist with ice. And that's just what I did.


I'm not sure if I can finish this tomorrow as I'll have to move things around on the patio a bit to make room for the finish kit that is supposed to arrive some time between 2 and 5 pm. If the guy comes by early I'll be doing the inventory, if he comes by late I'll be riveting the skin. There's always something you can do ... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment