Thursday, January 13, 2011

Seatbelt Lugs Riveted

or whatever other smart title you'd like to insert here. The work in this early section 21 is so unspectacular that it is hard to find a good description for what you have accomplished.
So what was it that I did today? Oh yeah, I assembled the flaperon mixer box, attached some nutplates to seat rib flanges and more will be following next time in the shop.

Here's how the four Seat RIb Assemblies look like after the seat belt attach lugs have been riveted to them:


The flaperon mixer box I'm not completely happy with. The problem is with the manual line saying torque to remove any play but allow for free rotation. Well, how free should the rotation be? I turned out with my box that a tad more than hand tight already significantly increases the friction when trying to move the arm in the box. As it uses a castle nut with a cotter pin to hold the nut in place this should be ok as the nut won't move. So this is how I did it for now, hoping this will feel right when I actually use the flap handle ...


And finally the nutplates in the rib flanges (I am sure, pictures like this will soon get very boring):


I'm on the top of page 21-05 and things move along quickly, and, yes, I am aware that this will all come to a screeching halt when I get to the longerons.

No comments:

Post a Comment