Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Corner Skins RIveted

I installed the snap bushings and, most importantly, one of the fuel line fittings that is sitting so close to the belly skin that installing this one in section 28 where it was supposed to get done is a pain to then but pretty easy right now. I had to file off the washers to allow clearance to the flange of the bulkhead. Still the access to the nut was so restricted that I could hardly get a wrench head on it to torque it enough. I have no clue how others did this task AFTER the belly skin was on. Do yourself a big favor and do it before putting the skin on!


This was the close up showing that I am really afraid of that nut getting loose again. And here is the overview shot.


Then I clecoed the gills on, or correctly called the Fuselage Corner Skins.


Figuring out which holes to rivet and which not took longer than the actual riveting action.


Naturally, I did all this stuff on both sides at the time. Here's the proof:


And this would have been a pretty complete job if I hadn't overlooked one pair of the corner skins. So, I hadn't deburred and primed these over the weekend. I was able to locate them though and I deburred and quickly scruffed and primed them with NAPA 7220 and let them sit over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment