Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything

I continued with Section 20 this morning but there was not much more to do before I realized that the next step would be priming. And as I decided to use a fuel proof epoxy primer for the fuselage interior (for the obvious reason that the fuel tank is inside) which wouldn't arrive before Thursday, I had to hold off on that. All I could do was countersinking the angle and dimple the corresponding holes in the aft bulkhead.


To not lose the whole day I started on Section 21 and prepared some parts that will be riveted to the center section soon and therefore also need priming, the floor boards and the aft ribs as well as some small parts. I deburred them and also did some dimpling one the floor boards and the ribs that share the nutplate line.


The Stewart Systems primer is supposed to arrive tomorrow, so I see that I get the parts prepped for priming before the UPS guy comes along. That'll be tough as we are having a cold front moving through and it'll be stormy, rainy and around freezing, so playing with water and working outside is not real fun anymore...

Unfortunately, the replacement skin for the flaperon won't make it here before Monday, so it'll take a while before I can revisit this screw-up and try to determine what went wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment