Friday, January 21, 2011

Seat Bulkhead RIveted

Tonight I started by riveting the 17 nutplates on. Amazingly this didn't bother me at all. It really is a blast to work with the pneumatic squeezer. Once set up the rivets are quickly squeezed and all turn out literally identical. That's what makes the number of nutplates install so easily. I also installed the bulkhead doublers which rivets get half way pulled and half way squeezed. With the the squeezer that job was a few minutes of non-fatigue work.


That was the last work on the bulkhead assembly before the seat bulkhead was actually supposed to get riveted to the seat ribs. So I clecoed it on and made sure that I chose the correct rivets for every hole as I didn't want to repeat yesterday's drilling frenzy. Then I quickly riveted the bulkhead on, no big deal as all the rivets were of the pull type.


And from the rear view.


Finally I just pulled the parts form the next steps out so I get a chance to deburr and prep and prime them. Hopefull I can do that during the weekend so I'm not running out of work during the week. But then that might be a nice change to get some days off ...

No comments:

Post a Comment