Friday, January 28, 2011

Finish Kit Arrived

At 3 PM the FedEx truck came by and backed into the driveway, dropping off a huge box containing the Finish Kit. I had organized a second furniture dolly to support the at 280 lbs rated box and to more easily move it around the patio.
The box hardly fit through the access gate - something I will have to keep in mind before building a plane too big to fit through it to get outside the backyard!


The dollies made it easy to maneuver it to the temporary storage area next to the tailcone.


The contents were in good shape as was the box itself. It put up quite a fight before I could take the lid off.


When taking the parts out to do the inventory I noticed something about the tank skin that looked odd. Does the top of the skin really have this little bend in there or is this a creased skin?? I wouldn't think so if the bend was going from one corner to the opposite corner but it just falls short 2 inches to do that... Looks a bit odd to me. Any comments? Don? You just inventoried your finish kit, did you see this too?


The inventory is still ongoing. I was too tired to go through all the bags and count bolts and nuts and washers. Maybe I do that tomorrow ...

2 comments:

  1. Just theorizing, but I think that's the bottom of the tank and that crease is there to provide a downward slope to draw the gas the lowest point of the tank. Those two holes in the corner are probably where the fuel lines will attach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're dead on, Dave! This explanation makes perfect sense and is certainly true. When I was doing the inventory I assumed incorrectly that this would be the top. You can tell from the position of the glass insert cutouts that this has to be the bottom.

    ReplyDelete