Friday, April 8, 2011

Side Skins Painted

So I rushed home after work to spray paint at a good temperature of around 75F. I mixed a little bit too much paint but this better than running short like last time.
Here are the first shots about 45 minutes after painting. The skins and some additional stuff are still sitting in the paint booth. Temperature is now falling quickly with the cold front moving in and when we got down to 68F I had to do something. Well, I put the space heater in the booth which is safe as the Stewart paint is not flammable.



Later tonight when the paint is dry to the touch I'll probably move the parts into the shop and heat the area there. Might keep the temperature better than 4mil plastic ...

Update:
I did remove the parts from the paint booth and put them all in the shop for overnight heated curing. Looks pretty nice, I think I am getting better with the paint gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment