Friday, April 22, 2011

Rollbar Removed

I cleaned the fuselage from chips from yesterday, removed the brace to allow the rollbar to be removed, which I did as well and it went fairly easy. I am confident at this time that I'll get it back on without too much of a hassle.
I did some supplemental riveting for section 24. Riveted the nutplates in, added the rest of the LP3-3 rivets to complete connecting the angles, bulkheads and floors together.




I also removed the bases and marked them left and right by filing a mark into both of them indicating which side they have to go on. Deburred everything and stacked up the parts that need surface treatment and primer next.


Oh, and I also countersunk the last outside holes in the rollbar and the top attach holes in the rollbar brace that will have contact with the Lexan glass eventually.

Tomorrow, I try to do the surface prep in the morning and also prime a little later in the day, so I could paint on Sunday. Let's see how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment