Sunday, April 10, 2011

Left Side Skin Clecoed

It took quite some time before the day reached a temperature that I was willing to accept for outside work. When it was getting cozy, it was already late in the afternoon and all I could do was hanging the side skin on. The gusset problem was solved by just clecoing it on. It didn't look like this was an integral part of the structure's strength.


Looks nice already, but take a look at this:


I think this gives a real good first impression of how nice the interior is going to look!

After admiring the beauty of the painted skins I went ahead and clamped the upper edge of the skin to the longeron.


Looking a little closer I saw a problem with the fit which I don't know how to resolve. Hopefully, one of you guys ahead of me is reading this as a helping comment!


This has been taken around the center of the canopy deck where it's the worst fit. The gap is about a 1/32" and because the skeleton defines the position of the longeron there and the skin is positioned by all the well aligned holes, I don't see how I could do anything to make this fit better. Did you guys see the same kind of gap?
The only thing that has been added on the longeron and the canopy deck piece is some primer. The coats are quite thin and cannot add up to 1/32". Any ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment