Monday, April 18, 2011

Rollbar Fitted

Tonight I just briefly worked on the plane after coming home very late. All I did was to install the rollbar bases (keeping the bolts loose) and slide the aft rollbar that had the strips riveted to it over the bases and see if they would fit. They did fit indeed. I was quite amazed that they even slid on quite easily as I was expecting much more resistance or misalignment.
I won't get sloppy now but this is at least a good sign I guess. Tomorrow evening with the help of my wife I hope be able to put both halves on and start the final riveting process on the roll bar (continuously checking that I can still slide the thing on and off the bases. Once that is done, I can match-drill the rivet holes into the sides of the base blocks and then prime the bases as well as paint the rollbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment