Thursday, April 7, 2011

Paint Primer Shot

Change of plans. The weather forecast looks seriously bad for the weekend for shooting paint as the max temps will be close or below the minimum of 65F. This might be considered warm in Ohio this time of the year but we will drop from 80F because of a storm system that's moving through. To make sure I can shot some paint tomorrow evening, I made sure today I got primer applied to all the parts that need painting.



See the rollbar unprimed? I thought about this for quite some time and then decided to hold off on priming the separate parts for now. I think it will look much better if I assemble the thing first and then prime and paint right before riveting it to the rollbar blocks that will hold the thing on the fuselage.
I also primed the side skins but I never took out of the paint booth or dared to open up the entry as the wind was blowing a lot of dirt around today. So all I can show you is an pressurized paint booth and you have to take my word for it that it contains two primed and drying side skins.



I also got the main brake lines installed. Once I had enough length for the two lines it was a piece of cake to finish this part of section 27. I won't finish this section before I finished the wiring as part of the Finish Kit as the pedals would be in the way.

Ready for connection to the brake cylinders.

Filling up the void in the center tunnel. The last slot in there has to be filled by wires.

Waiting for the landing gear and the brake installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment