Saturday, April 9, 2011

Biting the Bullet

After installing the brake lines, there's really not a lot left that would be worth holding off putting the side skins on for. Even worse, doing so would make it quite tricky to continue at this point and probably cause all kinds of other, yet unknown, problems that could cause a lot of lost time.
So I decided to put the stucco work in place, the arm rest and the canopy shelf and getting ready for match drilling those dreaded longerons.


Unfortunately, I overlooked a tiny little gusset (2 of them, one for each side) that was supposed to get riveted in place now and it therefore should have been painted. This stopped me in my tracks but I wasn't all angry about this. At the time I needed the gussets I was working outside for about an hour at 43F which is not exactly enjoyable to me. Nice excuse to go back into the house. Brrrr!

As I don't have a lot of parts that are ready for painting right now - I think there are two little parts that needed there opposite side taken care of - I will probably do a very small paint job tomorrow, just so I can get these gussets installed. The rest of the job is then hanging up the side skins and match drill them into the longerons. There are a lot of holes to drill and this will be tiring as well as a messy job. Not sure if I am going to be up to it tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment