Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rollbar Riveted

From the three options I discussed yesterday I chose the one that I least liked. Why? It's the only one that ensures that the rollbar would be maintaining its structure when taking off and allow me to paint the part separately before putting it back on for final installation.
It was a little awkward to rivet the rollbar while on the fuselage and some of the rivets were hard to get at (mainly because the workbench is now too high) but I managed and prepared everything for the match-drilling happening tomorrow evening.


In clecoed the struts on to push the rollbar back a bit and hold it in the correct position for match-drilling (I hope so at least).
I also took the parts I painted yesterday out of the paint booth and removed leftover spray dust. They turned out pretty nice.


Tomorrow's a gusty, breezy day again and so I covered the whole fuselage with a tarp in an attempt - probably futile - to keep the dust out.

No comments:

Post a Comment