Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Section 27 Started

I have a feeling this section (assembling the rudder and brake pedals) won't take me very long (famous last words? Maybe...). I started tonight by cutting those plastci blocks apart that are holding the pedals to the lower firewall shelf. The bandsaw is a charm on this kind of job, so this was done in a few minutes. Clamping the whole thing to the work bench was easy too and if I had figured out the reason for Van's saying "washers as needed" and it actually even showed two washers under the nuts, I wouldn't have almost ruined 4 of those AN315-3 nuts that were holding plastic blocks together.
When I got to the first alignment part I noticed some serious trouble with my clamps. They wouldn't hold the brake pedal in place or even itself attached to the pedals. This will not work for drilling, I'm sure. Currently I'm using a cleco clamp but that might not be strong enough. At that point I decided to call it a night and delay further experiments on this by another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment