Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Paint Booth in Action

So I really got to spray some primer after work today. I was working through sunset into the night and the lighting is really superb. What I was not really prepared for is the amount of dust building up in the booth. The air throughput is not high enough to transport all the dried up paint mist out of the booth quickly and if you keep on spraying the booth fills up with quite some some paint mist that finally falls out as dust. I covered from head to toe. Fortunately this Stewart stuff is not too hazardous and washes off easily with water and soap.


Getting ready for spraying.


Look how the fan pressurizes the booth. The "door" is bulging outwards and the air is blowing through the gap. I left it open wider to allow the paint to dry quicker.


After 3 hours I had this stacked up in the shop for the final drying. I have to adjust the paint gun a little bit. It appears that spraying in a booth where the paint really hits the object you're aiming at applies more paint than outdoors where you always have a bit of the paint mist diverted by wind. So my layers where on the heavy side.
Some of these parts I primed today will also have to be painted. It's so long ago that I prepared these parts that I forgot by now and will have to look up which will get painted before assembly, after assembly or not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment