Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paint Booth Almost Covered

I couldn't completely finish the job of sheeting the paint booth with the plastic as I intended to do because when getting up this morning I found 3 aggressive stray dogs trapped in our backyard. I felt it was irresponsible to just open the gates and let them run as they were so agitated that I was worried to let them loose and them maybe hurting somebody out there. Dealing with the animal control people took a while and I lost that time to finish the booth.


I managed to cover 3 of 5 sides, so tomorrow evening I probably to the curtain overlap on the access side and then I just have to cover the top and then put a floor cover in (that would be side 6)!


And I have to cover the fan with a furnace filter, too.
After "losing" all this time building the paint booth, I noticed something that will help alleviate the time impact this side project will have on the RV-12 build. Besides the independence it will give me from the wind situation on weekends, the lighting test I ran at night, showed that I might be able to spray in the dark as well! This evaluation is pending a second test with the top plastic cover on to see how much this will dampen the light inside the booth. Without the plastic on it is a great light for painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment