Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Building a Paint Booth

I've decided to build a paint booth for spraying the interior and the last parts that will form the fuselage. It's relatively late into the build process but now I am going to spray the parts that I will look at quite frequently and so I don't want to mess this up.
Another reason to avoid it for so long is that I won't have a car port for my truck for as long as the booth will stay. Which means I am trying to make this a short term thing and remove i as soon as I am done with the interior. As it is too small for the wings or the connected fuselage there are no second thoughts about using this booth for all the painting. I still think I am going to have a professional do this.


Stacking the wood. I actually removed the 4 2x4s that are readily lying there to get connected and swept the floor first. Followed by taping down some 4mil plastic tarp. This is just as a backup layer. I will also add another one inside the booth when I am putting all the plastic sheeting on.


Getting closer! The top and the bottom are built, and the 4 vertical struts are in place and positioned. Everything is made from 2x4s so far. The layout is 8x8' and 78" tall.


Whew, done for the day. The little nubs on the top of each strut is supposed to hold the top in place while I am putting the screws in. It's probably not going to be very stable and I have already wood here to add some stability to it but this will have to get fitted, so I need the top to be in place before I can do this.

Ah, my wife just came home and helped me lifting the top onto the base structure. It worked perfectly and the nubs are really helpful keeping the top where it's supposed to be. My back's too achy to put screws in right now, so this will have to wait until tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment