Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Section 26 Completed

Besides getting further into section 23 I also completed the seat backs (except for installing them in the fuselage as they'd be in the way). First I have to add a shot that I omitted yesterday which shows the center support bracket fully installed.


If you look closely, you'll see that I have already started to install the stucco for the side skins. I riveted the vertical post on and sure enough scratched the paint on one of the panels in the left front because there was hardly any room to get the riveter in place. Yikes! I can't even describe how much that irks me!
Anyway, I also match-drilled the arm rest and deburred the holes.


But when it was time to actually rivet them onto the vertical posts I hesitated and decided to wait with this step. The reason for it is the same why I don't want to rivet the side skins on just yet. Accessibility to the tunnel area and the inside of the fuselage. Once the stucco is riveted, getting in the center of the fuselage might require turning the structure on its side and why do that if I can avoid it and delay this part of the installation?
I've decided to finish section 26 instead and will then probably continue with 27 next as this one would benefit from easy access to the lower forward fuse. Next might be installation of the wire harness before finally closing up the sides.


Here are the finished seatbacks with secured hinge pins.


And this is how I left the fuselage. I riveted the little stow pin supports onto the arm rests and put them away until final installation.

Section 26 seemed to have taken me 12 hours straight, including priming and painting (estimated, as I did this along with other parts). Overall I'm now around 580 hours total and no end in sight yet :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment