Sunday, March 27, 2011

Little Touch-Ups

Today was touch-up day. I found a few spots that needed touch-ups and I also had to respray the side supports of one seat back and the opposite side of a piece I had sprayed before. I also decided to spray the inner part of the vent doors without additional priming. The paint is adhering well, even to surfaces it is not at all intended to adhere to. Like stainless steel for example. I missed to tape a spot on the firewall and ended up with some paint on it. I had a real hard time getting it off and had to use MEK to get it off. I guess I was lucky it hadn't polymerized completely yet when I started rubbing. After 5 minutes it was finally off. I guess I could have easily painted the firewall if I had decided to do so.

No new photos today as the stuff practically looks like yesterday. Currently the parts are all in the shop and enjoying the space heater again. Tomorrow I'll be moving the fuselage back on the outside workbench and see if I can get some assembly done as well. I might have to postpone that though as I need to finish my tax work. Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment