Sunday, October 31, 2010

Left Wing Inspected

So, today my EAA Technical Counselor came by to take a look at my work so far. Gil Alexander was happy with what he saw but noticed that I might have a problem with my paint gun with which I shoot the primer. He suggested going to a bigger nozzle and so I will be using the 1.8mm next time to see if this breaks up the paint drops a bit better. As I had never used primer before I didn't even know that the rough surface is not how it is supposed to look like. Fortunately this is more a cosmetic issue and it is on the inside of the plane.
Before Gil came by I had just finished shooting primer on the top skins and the last two main ribs for the right wing.



And I also moved the wing from the saw horses onto two folding tables to give it a bit more support during the assembly of the top skins. I put some mover's blankets from HF underneath the wing which provides just enough padding without making the rest wobbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment