Sunday, October 24, 2010

Left Bottom Skins Primed

Four hours of priming work turned that huge stack of silvery aluminum into matte green. That included wiping off the bare skins with acetone to get rid of any left over contaminants.



I didn't just prime the skins but also the stack of main ribs for the right wing and some small parts.


After final inspection it turns out that I must have missed a spot on the W-1202L skin which is the one that overlaps the inboard and outboard skins and therefore goes on last. I should have enough work for this week's evenings that this will not slow me down. So I assume that I will fix this little problem next weekend when I shoot more primer, probably on the nose ribs for the right wing.
To be able to work on the left wing during the evenings without any help I had to turn the wing over and get the bottom up. My wife helped me turn this thing over.

No comments:

Post a Comment