Saturday, October 9, 2010

Left Wing Ribs Primed

Despite the beautiful day today, I kept on pushing through with my rib prepping and priming and finished the complete set of ribs for the left wing and a few more that are needed for the right one. I think I counted 16 ribs on the drying stack.


Riveting of the main ribs to the left spar can begin now! A brief summary of the hours spent on section 15 showed around 23 hours.

Tomorrow morning I will drive out to the field though and see if I can get a nice relaxing sightseeing flight done. Destination is the Baboquivari Peak and then maybe a stop in Sells on the way back.

Oh, I almost forgot... Van's sent me a letter announcing the arrival of the Fuse kit, minus an F-1231A-AR, which seems to translate into a "Roll Bar Frame". They said it was on backorder... huh? BACKORDER? I thought they manufacture all that metal stuff themselves??? How could it be on backorder then? Hm, we'll see how that plays out, for now I'm busy with the wings anyway and it sure seems to take a while to finish them. In the meanwhile I will have to find some smart storage for this Fuse kit crate again as I don't have the slightest clue right now where I could put it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment