Monday, October 11, 2010

Fuselage Kit Arrived

The Fedex guy dropped by again and had my fuse kit this afternoon. Just one crate, but boy is this one heavy! 230 lbs and the create sure had it's problems. I saw a broken up side around a knot in the wood that started building a crack. I opened the box while the guy was still there to make sure everything was ok and it was!

After removing all the paper it appears like the crate could have been smaller with all the areas that seem to be missing parts.


I finished the inventory late tonight after 6 hours of going through the parts. Boy, this is a very large kit! I don't think it took me that long before to do the inventory. The amount of aluminum parts is amazing and there's a seemingly never-ending amount of paper bags.
This sure will take some time to put together. Anyway, for now I just put everything back in the box and store under the tailcone until I'm done with the wings.
2 screws were missing from one bag and that was it. This time a lot of the bags contained extra parts, so dropping one nut or a screw shouldn't cause any problems. Good job, Van's!

No comments:

Post a Comment