Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Finished Edge Deburring on RIbs

Wow, another couple of hours spent on deburring tonight and I finished doing this at least to the edges of the main ribs. As they are pretty straight I found another good way of doing this with my 6" Scotchbrite wheel. It's not as surgical as the little 1" wheel in the die grinder but a lot faster and less exhausting to use. The inside of the right main ribs needed some treatment that couldn't be done with the big wheel though, so it was back to the die grinder again.



At least the majority of the job was done with the big wheel in almost no time, so it wasn't that bad at all. So now all that is left to do before I can enjoy scrubbing all these ribs with Cortec-440 is to deburr the flange holes of these ribs but that shouldn't take more than an hour and I probably do that tomorrow evening.

BTW, I used up quite some 1" Scotchbrite wheels on just the ribs as the edges were so sharp they sometimes just cut a slice of the wheel right off. A real "cheap" source for these 1" wheels is Reid Supply. They have the fine 1" wheel for $2.40 at this time while others charge $6.50. The item number for this wheel is 3M-13713. I also tried to work with the slightly harder medium compound wheel but I couldn't effectively use it in the die grinder as it tends to jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment