Monday, October 25, 2010

Left Inboard Bottom Skin in Place

Tonight I installed the terminal bracket on the left wing and attached the wires to it. Be careful not to overtighten the screws. The plastic base material os pretty soft under pressure and it is easy to tighten the screws too much which will place them lower compared to the bracket surface. I had done this and had to remove the first screw and add a washer underneath to compensate for this problem. So take it easy here. This finished section 16 for the left wing.
I also threw the inboard bottom skin on as I had planned. This was followed by a cleco session and seating the rivets.


I decided to reduce the possible warp I could introduce to the wing to a minimum by first riveting the line along the spar starting from the center and working my way to the outsides, followed by riveting the perpendicular center line going from the spar to the nose and then from the spar to the aft side of the wing. This should reduce any problems from minimal differences in fit.
And that's just how far I got tonight before I had to close the shop and get some rest. Anyway I got 3 hours worth of quality time in. Not bad for a weekday!



There are so many rivets on that part that I am not sure if I will be able to finish this tomorrow evening. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment