Monday, April 30, 2012

Taming the Monster

I took some time today to further tame the harness monster that was spread out all over the tunnel area. With the help of some longer, stronger cable ties, I eventually prevailed.

That is except for two wires that will control the little cockpit light which seem to be way too short to even make it into the bracket that is supposed to lead the wires all behind the rudder pedals. I will see later if I can get enough wire length out of it to attach it to the main harness of if it is bound to route straight down like it is right now.
My favorite pilot came by again to see how I was doing.

His kids are still living at home on his expense and so he had to leave pretty soon to get more food.
In the meanwhile, I was busy adding some more snap bushings to the tunnel to accommodate a static line going to the panel base and an AOA line going to the left wing.

The reason I split this into two bushings is that I had to drill mainly by hand, turning the step drill with my fingers and some pair of pliers. Also the two lines split in the tunnel to go on each side for better clearance with the flaperon mixer.
Then aft tunnel was easy as access was much better. Here I combine the two lines in one bushing.


And finally I added two snap bushings in the existing holes in the right aft bulkhead flange. I will route pitot and AOA line on the right side to the ADAHRS and run the static to the tee on the left side. I will add a tee in the center above the ADAHRS just as 42D is asking for.

The snap bushings on the left side leading to the wing root are quite full but I checked and verified that a 1/8" OD line clears nicely without pressure. I will route the AOA line next, while waiting for the other materials to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment