Friday, April 20, 2012

3rd Skim Coat

The hardened epoxy from the 2nd coat looked pretty good. Not extreme runs or anything. There were still a few spots that sucked up the epoxy and that could need some more on top but generally it looked good.

I decided to sand down the slight runs, clean up the canopy line manually, both with 150 grit paper and then to just lightly sand everything with 220 grit again before applying the next coat.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures after the sanding. They show much better how the surface is slowly getting better.

My challenge for tomorrow is to speed up the hardening process as I want to make use of the earlier hours working on the canopy. I left the tarp off so the early sun would heat the epoxy up in the morning and hopefully get all cured. I hope to get working on it before noon. This time I believe will be applying the last coat after a light sanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment