Thursday, April 19, 2012

2nd Skim Coat

This was a good filling session that I was sanding down tonight. I carefully reduced the thickness of the micro-balloon filled areas, particularly the ones along the canopy line. This all worked out great I cannot see any holes along this line anymore.

I sanded down the line along the tape again, manually, using 100 grit sandpaper. I tried to be very careful to not reduce the tape thickness and to just remove the overlapping epoxy.
I sanded everything lightly with a 220 grit sandpaper to just even out epoxy runs and applied another dyed skim coat just around sunset.

When brushing on the epoxy along the tape line I tried to just stay off the tape itself so I wouldn't have to sand the epoxy off again. I am getting seriously worried that a third sanding session over the tape might get me brak through onto the canopy, and I sure do not want that to happen.
By the time I could take the final photo, it was really getting dark.



No comments:

Post a Comment