Sunday, December 19, 2010

And then there were two!

As of today I am a member in the Pro-Seal club. That stuff really is messy! Sticks to everything that can't run fast enough and then spreads around with everything you touch. You really want to prepare the area well before applying this mess.
I started around noon and thoroughly prepared the two separated work areas as I wanted to put the Pro-Seal on both nav light fairings so not to waste the mixed up compound. Taping the wing tip skin was easier than I thought as the electric tape really stretched well when persuaded. Cutting the thinner tape was hopeless though. I tried to match the idea as well as possible I think it came out well.


On the right wing I didn't put enough of the Pro-Seal onto the fairing and it did not squeeze all the way out, so I had to fill that from the outside. I think after painting you won't even notice this anymore.


The left wing came out better in that respect. By the way, before sealing this area I made sure that the nav light wiring was working by hooking up the light and driving it with a battery again. Just as I had done the day before on the right wing.


While the Pro-Seal was curing I took the time to put the bandsaw to more work for Section 18 and cut the angle and the AEX tie downs to rough size.


Then my wife helped me to carry the wing from the work area to the cradle. I sealed the holes with paper and tape again and tied the wings to the cradle to withstand any kind of gusty or stormy day.

And then there were two!

No comments:

Post a Comment