Friday, December 17, 2010

Main Wingtip Skin RIveted

After coming home from work, I started bending the tabs of the main wingtip skin and getting it ready for installation. It was soon clecoed in and proved to fit just fine. I noticed a rivet that I had pulled earlier in the bottm skin that interefered with the last little triangular closeout to be installed in the final step so I drilled it out.


Soon after starting the riveting joy, the main wingtip skin was completely riveted and I clecoed the triangular closeout in place. I didn't want to start match-drilling at night with bad lighting and a whole lot of cold moist air from yesterday's extensive rain but I at least checked that the skin lines appear to be parallel.


Tomorrow I will finish the right wing and then get the nav light fairing matched and ready for riveting. With a little luck I should be able to join the Pro-Seal club and finish the nav light installtion on the wings during this weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment