Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Right Wingtip Started

Tonight I finished riveting the nose skins on the right wing. This was a little left over work from the weekend that I just couldn't finish then. Didn't take long to clean that up. This is how I found it:


And half an hour later it looked like this:


According to the manual I would have had to run the wing over and work a little on the bottom but I figured those few holes could get riveted easily working over head.
So I clecoed the handle, the wingtip rib and the little skin part on.


Using my trusted mover's dolly as a creeper again, I riveted the skin on and the rib and the handle used the help of the PRP-26 riveter. No big deal.


Then I clecoed the top wingtip skins on and noticed that I had forgotten to remove the vinyl from the rivet lines on the forward skin. Duh! Nothing serious, I could peel the vinyl off along the rivet holes and put the clecos in. I will clean this up later before putting the right wing in the cradle.


By the time I had finished the clecoing of these skins it was already after 8pm so I thought I call it a night. Not before taking one last shot from underneath though. Unfortunately, it appears that the flash along with a long exposure time messed up the effect of this cool angle a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment