Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Right Wingtip Coming Along

Before even starting to do anything on the wingtip this evening I tried to take another (better) shot of the interior of the wingtip from that angle below the top skins. I think this one was better than the one I took last night.


Then I quickly finished riveting the top skins. So quick that I actually forgot to take a photo of the stages until I was done with it. It's not that complicated so maybe just as well.


Then the rear wingtip rib should get riveted to the rear top skin. That required trimming of the outboard tip of the rear spar just as it did on the left side. Here's the unmodified tip:


And this is after the treatment.


The wingtip rib went on easily as it doesn't require any fluting or adjustment (it is actually ment to adjust the shape of the skins and not vice versa).


And tomorrow I'll probably work on the forward wingtip rib, which requires a lot of fluting to shape it to the wingtip curve. And then the wingtip is almost done - less the nav light installation (oh messy fiberglass dust ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment