Sunday, December 5, 2010

Right Top Skins RIveted

I didn't mean to do a lot on the wing today but then it seems that once I started I must have gotten carried away. Anyway, it the right wing is almost done, less the wingtip and the riveting the skins to the nose ribs.

Around noon I had the top wing skins clecoed on (and checked multiple times that I didn't forget to do something inside the wing).


Then the first set of rivets was set and were ready to get riveted (notice the Raid in the corner? We are having some nasty bees right now that are looking for a new home under the patio roof).


The first set was riveted in, clecos removed and the next set of rivets set.


The top skins are all riveted on. Please note that the wing doubler has also been clecoed on. Before getting fancy on the nose skins you should get the doubler riveted in place as this will add some tension to the structure.


Riveting the doubler on takes quite some time as the tension requires to go line by line, removing clecos, tap drilling if required, setting rivets and pulling them. So I thought to better call it a day when I was done with that as it was already getting dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment