Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wingtips Ready for Assembly

On Veteran's Day I didn't get that much done. All I could do was to wipe the wingtip parts with acetone and prime them. This time with the larger jet and I'm not sure how to read the results. The overall difference was that I shot the coats much wetter than usual. This allowed the paint to settle and flow before drying. The relatively cool weather in Southern AZ helped with that too. Unfortunately that also screwed up my rhythm and I spent quite some waiting for the paint to dry before I could remove the parts from the spraying rack.
What was still the same with the larger jet was that I had to use a relatively high pressure to get a usable paint spray of 50-55 psi at the gun and I still get some paint built up at the air holes on the nozzle. So, right now I'm a bit undecided about the result of this experiment and if this was actually an improvement or not. Any suggestions from the gentle readers of this blog?

Here's a shot of the wingtip parts after priming:

No comments:

Post a Comment