Monday, November 8, 2010

Just a Little Deburring...

Sunday was my day off from building, but I guess you know me enough by now to know that I still had to do at least a little something. And that little something was taking that ugly concave hatch off and bend it to shape. It now blends in with the curve of the wing just perfectly. I let it off for now though as I want to prime the inside with the next stack of aluminum.
The other thing I was doing was getting ready for working on the wing tip. The bigger sheets had already been primed but there area handful of small parts that I hadn't touched yet. So I retrieved them and started the deburring process on the holes and edges. I also bent the outboard wing handle insert for both wings and started to wonder how I am going to get paint evenly sprayed into that hole they are going to create...
The rest of the day I was busy assembling all the new "toys" I bought at HF. Among them a workbench that I mounted the 6" Scotchbrite grinder on to get it out of the work shop and with it all the dust it creates when I use it. It's now outside in front of the work shop and needs much less clean up after a deburring session as the wind is taking care of what I had to do with a vacuum before.
As outlook for this week. It appears that I will focus on finishing the wing tip and get the nav light installed as well. I hope to be able to completely finish off the left wing and put it in the wing cradle. I am not sure how to celebrate this major construction step when I accomplish it. Any ideas what to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment