Monday, November 29, 2010

Bottom Right Skins Clecoed On

I fabricated the two wires for the landing light (I assume constant and flashing light function have separate wires) and ran them through the wing, along with a thread and the wire for the nav light that I had already lying around from when I made the wire for the left nav light.


Before I had started the wiring task, I had touched up the priming job on the skins and let them dry in the heated shop. So when I was done with the wiring, I assumed the skins to be dry enough to put them on. As I now have enough clecos I didn't worry about doing the skinning one skin at a time but put them all three on.
By now the sun had set and boy was it getting frosty. I'm sure that Dave is going to laugh at this line as his Ohio hangar is probably colder right now even with his running "cone of comfort" heater. Anyway, for me as a Southern Arizonan 40 degrees is way too cold to be comfortable. The halogen lights helped while working close to them but my feet didn't care about that at all.
I was definitely happy when I put the last cleco in and didn't even think about starting the task of setting the rivets. No way! That's up for tomorrow or another day.


All I could pursuade myself to do after clecoing was to mark the holes that shouldn't get riveted yet. Just in case I would forget to do that at the beginning of the next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment