Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hedgehogmania

I was putting on the top skins tonight. Instead of going one by one and putting in and removing the clecos for the overlapping skins, I just threw 'em all on at once. That certainly was calling for some extended cleco time. It took me 45 minutes to just cleco all three skins down and another hour to just seat all the rivets in the left open holes.


This was followed by almost an hour of riveting and all I got done was pulling the rivets on the inboard and almost all on the outboard skin. I didn't even get to the second run after removing clecos. Wow, I wasn't aware just how many rivets there are in the wing!
And my wife correctly commented by saying: "And just the same amount again for the other wing". Ouch!


This one's a bit blurry but the only one I got. I try to do a better one tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment