Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Considering Paint Scheme

Getting closer to the fuselage I have to come up with some decisions about the paint scheme. At least I want to as I'd like to have an interior that looks good with the outside color in the area around the cockpit.
I am sure about the colors I'd like to use but the distribution is very uncertain. Everything I could think of so far appears to be a paint job for a pro if you want it to look good too. That was until I had an epiphany last night.
Inspired by some fancy paint schemes developed for WWI biplanes, I came up with this:


It should be fairly easy to paint and it would allow for an early start by painting the empennage first and get some experience doing it. It limits the masking to the tailcone and the rest should go on quickly.
I will surely revise this a bit and maybe add some stars in the blue part if it doesn't look cheesy but so far I like the idea.
Comments are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment