Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Riveting on Right Bottom Skins Started

I seated all the rivets for the bottom skins this evening and while I was doing this on the outboard skin I realized I had forgotten to drill the hole for the tie down ring. There was no good way to do this without taking the skin off as I would have drilled into the tie down threading. Oh well, I had to remove the rivets I had seated and remove all the clecos and just move the skin over a bit to get clearance for drilling and then I could safely widen the hole to 3/8". No problem but half an hour lost to this.


Riveting was fun as always but I couldn't do more than half of the rivets along the main spar and on the nose ribs. I also removed the clecos to open the holes to receive the next set of rivets. For now I leave them open though to not interfere with the air hose while I'm riveting the rear of the wing.
I probably do some more work on that tomorrow evening. It is supposed to get a bit warmer the next few days, so that'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment