Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Brake System Bled

I managed to flush the brake system once again over the weekend. Hopefully, we removed all the air now and the system will stay leak-free.



Speaking of leak-free, I tried the brakes with my feet while sitting in the plane, to make sure that they felt air-free and gave a good, hard response. This is what triggered the leaks last time around.


So, after this was all done and I was about to cover up the plane for the night, I checked the fittings for leakage by touching them with a paper towel. On the right side, on the lower fittings for the left and the right pedal, I got a minimal response. The response was so little that I cannot say, if this was brake fluid or something else or if it was some fluid that might have been on the tips of the pressure lines and got wiped onto the fitting when hooking up the lines.
I put some newspaper sheets below the pedals again and will check in a few days what happened. If it is a minor seepage on the right side, I would leave it alone and fix it with the annual - once it is registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment