Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Finishing the Cooling System

After the brake lines have not revealed a major leak (yet), there was nothing left for me to do on the remnants of the MLG SB and I caught up with my previously interrupted work. That was to finish the lower cowl as part of the cooling system, which still needed its seal installed.


I did not trust the measurements listed in the instructions and cut the seal strips to be longer than asked for. In the picture you see how I clamped the outboard strip to the frame to adjust the back-strip to clear the tight corner. It needed quite some trimming before it would lay flat.
Finally, I used red RTV, after cleaning the surface with alcohol (I had sanded it weeks ago), to glue the outboard strip in place.


After that I was out of clamps and glueing the other pieces in would have been tricky anyway, without the large piece being fixated. I decided to just let it sit and to continue tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment