Sunday, April 28, 2013

Protractor Tool Built

To finish the propeller installation I need to make sure that the angle of attack of the blades are within a reasonable range of each other. Copying what Tony Tessitore had done before, I built a protractor reference tool like his.


As you can see, I used a scrap piece of aluminum angle that was left over from the longerons.It happened that one piece provided just enough length to built the whole tool. 


Cut the pieces and deburred them, trimmed to fit into each other and .... Voila:



If you have a very long protractor, you might want to countersink the central rivets that build the T. In my case that was not necessary.
A first test on the propeller back showed that it provides a very good base and easy repeatability. Now I have to mount the protractor and then finish up the propeller installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment