Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spinner Work Completed

Continuing the work on the spinner backplate, I countersunk the nutplate attach holes and deburred everything.


The same was done with the spinner front plate.


All the nutplates were riveted on and the outside flange deburred again to make sure that nothing could damage the spinner.


The gap fillers were up next. They needed nutplates as well as rivets to connect the metal parts with the fiberglass.


Then they were riveted onto the spinner backplate.


And all that what had recently been removed had to get back onto the plane.



I did not torque the nuts holding the front hub half yet because I want to first build that base for holding a digital level, so I can verify that the blades are within a reasonably small difference to each other. However, I needed to see if my screw holes in the spinner matched the nutplates before I would be satisfied with this current task.



It was looking good. Clearances are good and rather small, maybe too small in some places for painting. But for the first year it should be just fine.
I am planning to build the level base during the week and then finish section 47 by adjusting the blades and torquing the nuts. Nothing else is open in 47 at this point.

The SB for the oil/battery cube should also squeeze into the work week. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment