Friday, April 5, 2013

Pitot Tube Dimpled

First a note on the latest Service Bulletin concerning the oil tank brace. The accessibility on the inboard side is a joke, as I had expected. The engine is in the way to even measure and mark the drill spots on the left facing side. I guess I will have to work this task from the inside of the cube with an angle drill and pre-drilled flanges.
Anyway, on to the good news. The red RTV had settled enough within 24 hours to remove the clamps and the results are looking good. I will inspect this closer tomorrow during day light.


Then I went on to drill the recess hole in the pitot tube to create the dimple on the inside. Very carefully, with the hand-drill and the freshly acquired #29 drill bit from Harbor Freight, I reamed more than I drilled, one shaving at a time until I could see something protruding into the tube and stopped.


Ready for the installation on the engine. It was dark by then, so this has to wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment