Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Brake System Filled

I threw in a short work session when I got home, so I could determine if the brake system is now leak free. As I mentioned before, it might take a few days before the leaks show, so I wanted to fill the system as early as possible.
My wife was not available, so I could not bleed the system as I had previously done - pumping fluid while a second pair of hands is vigorously moving the pedals back and forth. That way I got the last bubbles out of the brake cylinders where they love to hide.



You can see about 1.5" inches of air slowly moving backwards (well, no, you can't SEE the movement, you'll have to take my word for it) in the lines for the left brake. I expect the same to happen on the right side when it had some time to settle. I filled the right side last and it usually takes some 10 minutes before the air is creeping back.
For filling I used the trusted setup from last time.



Having a bit of experience with this now, I did not waste a lot of fluid like I did last time. Not that it would be important as the quart is way too much for filling the system - even with extended bleeding.
I hope I can wash the last bit of air out on Friday evening. By then I might also have a first result on the leak test.

No comments:

Post a Comment