Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy 2nd Anniversary

As of this day two years ago I pulled my first rivet on the RV-12. As much as I have enjoy the build, I dearly hope there won't be a 3rd building anniversary!
As I had intended to, I primed the three parts I had.

I also torqued the AN4 nut and inserted the cotter pins in the castle nuts.

I fought with my self about what to do next as I didn't want to necessarily start a new section but there was really not much else to do at this point as I am waiting for a few parts. So I started 42C, the actual Avionics installation. This started with screwing the Control Module onto the panel base. Easy enough, you'd think. But even that job can get hard when Van's provides screws that are too long. Actual they were ok on the front holes, but both aft holes need trimming of about 1/8" before the screws would fully seat.

This picture shows how far the aft screw went in before it bottomed out. The front one in the back of the image is just fine. I used the Dremel to cut them short. Don't forget the blue Loctite.

The rest went in fairly easy. The metal locknuts that got used a lot screw on easier if you put a drop of Boelube on the threads of the screws.
Then came the wires....

And from a different angle...

I left the EMS 37 pin plug off for now as I will have to insert the pin from the fuel pump switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment