Thursday, May 3, 2012

Additional Plumbing Installed

I did not get to drill out the ADAHRS brackets tonight. Neither did I get to installing the rudder pedals. This was caused by a shipment from Van's (SV left panel) and from Aircraftspruce arrived today. The latter contained the plumbing I had ordered to get the static pressure to the panel base. So I decided to finish up the work in the tail cone before getting involved in other things again.
First I rerouted the pitot line to the right side of the fuselage to get a little order in the back of the plane..

To run the line all the way I needed an additional snap bushing in the panel base as the existing two are so full that they couldn't take another 1/4" line.

Pushing it through wasn't hard at all.

Here are the two additional lines in the tunnel. The thin one is the Taygon line that goes to the left wing root for the AOA hook-up after certification. The thick one is the static pressure that follows the wire bundles to the panel base.

Finally, I routed all the pressure lines and the wires to the point where they will then branch off to the ADAHRS. Sorry for the fuzzy photo. I flinched during a long exposure.

The fittings that I had ordered are not the correct size. I will have to go to Ace and see if they have something useful in their Aviation department so I can get a tee for splitting the static line on the top as well as a hose connector to hook up the PE static line to the stub that I left. I'm sure I will be able to finish this up tomorrow. That's probably also the time to correct my nutplate adventure with the ADAHRS brackets.
I think it might be easier to just install the ADAHRS unit to the brackets while they are out and then rivet the whole thing in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment