Monday, June 4, 2012

Rear Bulkhead Mod Finished

On my way home from work, I picked up some things at HF. Among them a tool cart as I had noticed that I am wasting a lot of time walking back to the shop for getting some missing tool since I moved the plane to the carport. At the end of the evening I clean everything up and the next day I pull everything out again. So I thought a cart might be easier and save me some time in the long run. When I rent a hangar this will then go there to hold the set of tools I intend to keep at the airport.
Most of the evening was spent on assembling the tool cart.


I found half an hour before bed time to match-drill the last nutplate on the backplate of the bulkhead cut out, dimple the holes and rivet all the nutplates on.



I think it turned out great and it is stronger than before.

Tomorrow I plan to match drill the rudder attach plates and install them. Not sure what is next in the plans after that. I might finish the wiring section by installing the OAT probe.

No comments:

Post a Comment