Thursday, June 21, 2012

More Fairing Tales

When I came home I started sanding the upper tail fairing a bit more to get a good fit for the next step. This next step was to clamp the tabs onto the lower fairing and to match drill the holes into the fiberglass.



The upper fairing got fitted within the tabs (it's easier to remove the rear ones before inserting the fairing)m got aligned and clamped to the tabs again.
Now the center hole for the screw was drilled into the upper fairing.



Then everything was supposed to get taken apart, so the tabs could get riveted to the inside of the fairing. I chose to leave the tabs attached to the lower fairing so I know which ones went were (some of them got bent to follow the shape better).
The rest of the work can be done in the shop which is very welcome with me. We had around 108 degrees F today and I could really need a break in a cool shop for a change.

Expect more of the same for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment